Sustainable property management
In 2007, BNP Paribas Real Estate Property Management created the first European charter specifically on sustainable management and maintenance of tertiary buildings, "Eco Property Management ©".
In 2007, BNP Paribas Real Estate Property Management created the first European charter specifically on sustainable management and maintenance of tertiary buildings, "Eco Property Management ©". Some sixty service providers in Europe have endorsed it.
The charter entails supporting and guiding our principals in implementing new practices in building upkeep and maintenance, and ensuring that service providers comply with them in managing properties. In this regard, our management tools are among the most effective.
A BNP Paribas Real Estate asset – a remote energy management toolkit
Property Management staff put true knowledge-sharing in place:
- once the occupier has moved in, an intranet site dedicated to the building is put online.
- this site enables a BNP Paribas Real Estate Property Management energy specialist, using a remote toolkit, to measure the building's energy use in real time and to pass on energy efficiency indicators to the owner, maintenance firm and occupiers.
- at the same time, occupiers have access to this same information in an educational and simplified form.
- in addition, the intranet site's user toolkit provides occupiers with many tools such as "going green" posters, ideas for steps to be taken, a guide to best practice, a guide to environmentally-friendly purchasing, etc.
- inter-tenant challenges are also organised with a view to pushing down energy consumption.
- every half-year, a green committee attended by tenants is an opportunity to evaluate operating performance and set new targets for the coming months.